Skip to main content
12/28, 2010 12:09PM SemiLex 6 posts
everytime
12/28, 2010 05:30PM ZaphodBee 5 posts
Always broke has done that exact same thing to me. Can we please make this an explicit rule so he can't hide behind "there's no rule against it."
12/29, 2010 01:07AM UA TRANS 27 posts
And SemiLex did the same with my company...

I started too good... but internet connection interruoted...

When I came back in game I saw that SemiLex BLOCKED BY STEALING my ONLY ONE RESOURCE...
So only some cash that earned my company helped me not go bankrupt during the time which I was not able
to play or to FIGHT BY BLOCKING HIM WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES....

It;s not competetion... it's "criminal" behavior from weak players...
Take care guys.... :roll:

I would like to ask for penalties for Semilex for that game.
Two days before RAINDEEZY tried to make the same BLOCKING ME WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES....
But he lost because of my activity... it's becoming not a game server, BUT WAR SERVER...

The main reason of BLOCKING ME WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES is CHEAP ROAD VEHICLES...
To invest in one train route you should invest all credit money.... TO BLOCK BY STEALING you can spend 1/10 of costs
and to spend 9/10 costs to your own route... And you competitor will go bankrupt with 75% ... depends on experience...

So play if you want :D
12/29, 2010 04:59AM ZaphodBee 5 posts
I realize that English is not your first language so maybe there's some confusion in translation. I could be wrong, but this is what I've gathered from the discussions. "Stealing" other people's secondary products (such as goods from an oil refinery) is okay within the rules set in this server because that is what competition is all about. That's fine. I think most people are OK with that. What's not okay is setting up these road vehicle stations connected to a depot. The whole point of these stations is to increase the rating so high that anyone else trying to use the resources can not get any sent to their station. If it was a legitimate station that was actually delivering the goods somewhere, I don't think anyone would have a problem. But, the only purpose they serve is to exploit the game.

I feel (and I think many others do too), that competition for a valuable resource is good and makes the game exciting.

Creating these one way stations to exploit the game is not "fun", and should be disallowed.

Please feel free to respond if you think I'm incorrect.
12/29, 2010 10:11AM SemiLex 6 posts
[quote=UA TRANS]And SemiLex did the same with my company...

I started too good... but internet connection interruoted...

When I came back in game I saw that SemiLex BLOCKED BY STEALING my ONLY ONE RESOURCE...
So only some cash that earned my company helped me not go bankrupt during the time which I was not able
to play or to FIGHT BY BLOCKING HIM WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES....

It;s not competetion... it's "criminal" behavior from weak players...
Take care guys.... :roll:

I would like to ask for penalties for Semilex for that game.
Two days before RAINDEEZY tried to make the same BLOCKING ME WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES....
But he lost because of my activity... it's becoming not a game server, BUT WAR SERVER...

The main reason of BLOCKING ME WITH USING OF STEALING TECHNOLOGIES is CHEAP ROAD VEHICLES...
To invest in one train route you should invest all credit money.... TO BLOCK BY STEALING you can spend 1/10 of costs
and to spend 9/10 costs to your own route... And you competitor will go bankrupt with 75% ... depends on experience...

So play if you want :D[/quote]

No, it is absolutely NOT the same. :!: :wink: Here i showed a exploit. Chuck ALWAYS build stations over mines with one-way trains to get cargo fill that station BEFORE he even start to build the track to transport that. AND MORE: when he meets competition, he brake the rules again and start that exploit with one-station-vehicle to show the competitor, that he is very angry :lol: :P

And about yesterday game, UA TRANS... Belive me, i was thinking you went to sleep, so i decided NOT TO EXPAND MY TRANSPORT COMPANY, but to make yours very weak ONLY to end that map and nothing else! Nothing personal! i could make my own long railways and also will win, but i JUST wanted a new map to start rather than laying long tracks on that, not liked by me, map.
ONLY.
And i didnt brake any rules, belive. Once more: i would never touch you industry if you not OFFLINE for so long.

Take it easy and do not brake the rules. :wink:

p.s.: sorry for my english :oops:
mike 2.jpg, 47 downloads.
12/29, 2010 12:27PM Wakoo 49 posts
The problem hide a bigger issue, you will do whatever you can to exploit, we wrote "No one way train, no useless train engine(company value boost)", so you do a train with 1 or more truck/tanker/whatever and consider "duh we can't do (10) train 2 size long ?". That's the reason why we have to do radical changes (such as the terraforming). The thing with the truck is obviously an exploit too, but we can't write a rule for every single flaw openttd has, else we will end up with a list of 20+ points, which will be unreadable in game. You made the point ranking totally biased, so you can go on, there will be most likely a total rethinking of how the leaderboard/winning condition work. We can't fix and monitor something that's flawed to make a "fair" leaderboard.

Hope you get my point.

Have fun.
12/29, 2010 12:40PM ZaphodBee 5 posts
I'm not really sure what the problem is with having a long list of rules. The majority of people that play on this server play on it repeatedly. Therefore it's not really that big of a deal to have a lot of rules because we all will know them. I think when specific instances such as these arise they should be made into explicit rules at least until it stops. It takes literally 20 seconds to read the rules, what's another few seconds to make sure everyone is playing fair?